Tuesday, January 29, 2008

damage control

Why do I feel like an idiot even when I know I am not. Why does my own self-esteem fall between my fingers as I sit wishing I was invisable looking so hard at the desk thinking that if I focused hard enough the situation would change and my words won't hurt the pride of all the white people in the room calling them ignorant for our own sterotypes that take longer then an election year to come to full terms with. what about Martin Luther King, for the people he would say, the black people, to achieve equality and here they are ready to achieve dreams of dreams, dreams spaned from dreams, dreams that came from the baby's of generations later and still the hestiation of this changes weighs heavly in the air that even its acknowledgment of it can make people feel unsettled, is Obama anti-america, is this right or wrong? Perhaps it is the chaos of who, what, where, when and why. That the black people are now stepping into power that was only seen as an exscape to white people so long ago for corruption, slavery and greed. Perhaps this is a sign of change in power status, away from hierarchy and a step into equality.

No comments: