Saturday, August 31, 2013
Gender lines
Some people look down at you, the things they say half hazardly as if there was no weight to their words. A man has no idea what it feels like to look back at history and know your gender barley made it in the professional world. They have no idea what an uphill battle it is, when a simple word can bring it all tumbling down. How easy it is to break with a simple rock of hate hitting a pain all to familiar. There is this two sided face of being a woman, siding with those who have control, or battling them on their grounds. Claiming their morality is based in a misperception, just because you think your experiences are painful does not mean you are the only voice in the room. Just because you hurt it does not mean no one else does. Some people can't see past their own experiences, and I feel as if they laugh at me, when I try so hard to explain myself, when I dig deep and search for the words to be open, to express who I want to be, who I am trying to become, my own Will, they laugh because they know they have history to back them up, they have an entire population of dead who will re-enforce their own gender bias. But evolution has never been kind to those so weak on an old structure, and often it are those who think they have it all that break first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment