Friday, August 2, 2013

Want to hear a funny story

Want to read a funny story. My imaginary boyfriend who I emailed for six years, who never emailed me back, I saw one day at the coffee house where he worked. and for unknown reasons he ignored me. But I wrote a story from his point of view, a combo of how I saw him and how I thought he saw me, and then added an alternative ending. It is soo funny.

It’s all written from his point of view.

I walk into work, I am twenty minutes early but it doesn’t bother me, the place is pretty laid back. I am actually rarely earlier or on time but when it comes to work I like to consider myself dependable. That being said my head has almost been on the chopping block here for things that were never my fault. It’s just all these different perceptions that go rattling around, and it’s impossible to please everyone. If you saw my boss you would understand.

There are a couple of good looking young girls who work with me. If you like them young and bouncing, with not much wit or morality. They might be dumb but I watch the way they can make a man scrub out a few bucks for their cheeky grins. But I tend to find beautiful women anywhere, just the other week squeezing oranges some girl caught my eye. I can’t really say why though, wasn’t anything she said, or wore that day. She had an ugly oversized top on, with a pretty medium size chest. It was just that look like she wanted something. I assume of course that she wanted me, I mean really who wouldn’t.  I could have gotten her number done her that night, if I was really you know thinking between my legs. But I had other things on my mind that day, and for some reason casual sex isn’t the same as it used to be. I am getting worn out, the charm has lost its sparkle, that kind of thing. I am still a man though, I have urges, I watch the play boy channel at least twice a week on mute the whole time. And I grunt and piss at once. But meeting and greeting has dragged me down, they come in, they go out, they leave a smelling thong on your drive way, blah.

 I would rather spend my life doing more meaningful things. Like these boys that I am helping Taylor and Glenn. Don’t let this boy next door face fool you, I am really making a dent in the world one child at a time. In addition to me changing the world and becoming a great upstanding role model within my community, it’s a great pick up line. I mean what girl doesn’t melt when you tell her you are helping an impoverished child with only a single mother. I mean if I was a girl I would be wooed. Hell I would have been wooed at hello, the rest would have just been icing on the cake. I am defiantly husband material. Screw you slutty x-girl friends who told me in domestic disputes that I can never make a woman happy, watch and weep. 

So anyways back to what I was saying I just walked into work, twenty minutes early. The coffee shop was about half filled which is great for me. I like to browse, think, umm not talk to customers. I mean I do when there is a serious dispute, I am a great mediator and I can calm down very angry people with a nice firm smile and a false apology, but most the time I like to keep to myself. It just makes life easier that way. So I was quite relaxed when I noticed the half empty coffee shop and browed through the tables towards the back, where my co-worker was making someone’s order. Just moseyed on through there looking mostly at people’s eyes, from my last dumped girlfriend I realized that woman know when you stare at their chest, even in brief second intervals. So I purposely try not to do that, unless of course they have a huge chest and then I just scream mayday and let my eyes go where they want to. I mean you can only sink once, am I right? Anyways so I was keeping my eyes at eye level, when I noticed my co-worker making coffee. She was wearing short shorts, and a low cut shirt. (I honestly don’t remember what she wore, except for the really short shorts.) I mean they weren’t just shorts they were if those get hiked up any higher underwear, or no longer there, or what the hell, you get the idea. And her shirt was low, making her figure just scream sex. I swear I didn’t walk into that coffee shop with a hard on, but if I stood there any longer, lets just say I would have gone straight to the bathroom behind me. Just by the way I love that bathroom. I could have sex in that bathroom, but being that I am an all star employee that never crossed my mind. Well, okay maybe on slow days. I mean who designs a one person huge bathroom and doesn’t think about that, facture it in, plan for it. Think about airplanes their bathrooms are like two times smaller and people have sex in them all the time. If I owned that shop, I would have had sex in that bathroom at least five times by now. 

Oh and so I said hello to her, actually I told her she had a great outfit, can’t help but pass up a little tongue and cheek moment, plus girls love to be admired. She kind of looked at me funny so I followed it up with, it just is like something you would wear. Honestly I don’t know what the hell she wore the entire time I have known her, but later tonight I will be able to tell you the color of the strips on her blouse. Yes, I took it in like a detective. Now if only I had a photographic memory I would never pay a cent for another playboy. Sometimes you see those freaks on tv and you think gosh it sucks to be them, and then in these moments I take back those words chew them deliberately slow, so I don’t chock, and wish I was some super genius freak that stood out.

But of course that’s not my life so I sat quietly next to the other guy who works at the coffee shop, he is an idiot. Not that I like throwing people under the bus, but I do when they deserve it. I roll over them and then feed them to the sharks. He thinks we are friends. I am quiet, what am I suppose to say? Hey loser I don’t like you. I am too nice for that, so whatever, I mean I just let it roll. I guess that’s kind of what work is all about, learning how to distance yourself from guys that you can’t stand. I have a lot of practice in that my brother is my boss. Not to say me and my brother don’t get along we do, we are just two completely different people. Here is a great example, there is this girl who I kind of like, kind of hate, kind of think she is a dork, but whatever I kind of like her, right. So we were kind of getting it on over the phone, and my brother calls me. Being a great brother I pick up on the other line thinking it is some kind of emergency. He called to tell me it 12:05 and he just ran out of peanuts. Really, really. I mean really. That’s all I have to say. But I love him, and I think deep down he loves me, he just has a funny way of showing it sometimes.

Anyways so I sat down next to the other guy. I really had nothing to say and wasn’t in the mood to talk to them, but I smiled and nodded and pretended to be engaged. I don’t really know what they were talking about I stared towards the front of the shop, I noticed a girl with an oversized painter’s hat and glasses looking at me from the corner of her eye. (that’s me) She had a sad downward glare and looked away as soon as I noticed. I don’t know if she was checking me out, but I assume so. I attracted many different kinds. I wish I could use that as a slogan for a marketing campaign for women all over the world. Wouldn’t that be cool? Date me, because I am attracted to many different kinds. No that wouldn’t work, I sound like fish farmer or a date grower, who has a variety of plants in their backyard. Ohh, I will store that idea for later, once I really hit my stride.

I considered going on the bachelorette show but I just figured it wasn’t fair to the contestants, there is only one of me and so many of them. That and I didn’t exactly meet the height requirement. But you know short woman need love to, I don’t know when America because so judgmental towards the disadvantaged. Anyways being shorter, I am not short but shorter, has its major advantages. I will not name them all right here but trust me. I have  a very long list in my back pocket, and there was a really short porn star. (ron Jeremy?)

So, I was thinking about if I was really going to sit there for twenty minutes as these two talked to each other when my co-worker, the girl, turned towards me.

So started classes yet, I asked.

She yawned, soon.

Well what classes are you going to take? I know this is dry, but what do you expect this is just my kind of foreplay, dry crisp and crunchy. I like to hear the emotions just chip and then ooze with desire. That and I really am this dry. I have liked this girl for a while, not emotionally. She isn’t the kind of girl I could see myself spending all night talking to, not like I am that kind of guy. Can you see me in a teddy rob and a facial talking about my latest nightly drama while painting my toe nails? No I didn’t think so. I do have a penis, thank you. Anyways I could see us fucking. I didn’t really like her, but that outfit had completely changed my mind in five seconds flat, that and she is yippy. I can just see us having sex I would have  a built in cheer section, and afterwards she would just zip around me and right out the door. That or she would stay. But it was a chance I would have to take, if she would show any sign that she wanted all this and the bag of chips for later.

But her signs had been a little mixed of late, her eye contact wasn’t all there. And I swear I wasn’t just staring at her private parts, I have been eye level the entire time. I deserve some sort of award for that amount of self control, given her breast were speaking to me in about fifty different kinds of foreign language. They  all  had that same needy please touch me, look at me caress me, take me out of this package and play with me. No, I did not look down, not even once. Okay maybe once I dropped my phone, accidently, it just flew out of my pocket. And that quick gaze on the way down was like looking at the earth’s 8th wonder it was hard for me to pull myself out of that cavern of mystery and not rush to the bathroom for a quick rub down. I was saved by hitting my head on the way up, it was like a cold shower, sweet mercy.

So she looked at me, do you want me to respond.

What I said dumb founded making sure my phone hadn’t accidently called anyone.

Do you want to know what classes I am taking?

Of course of course. I said forgetful that I had scored myself an opening line to her heart and soul, or just a five second run down of her superficial existence, which will be apparent when she drops out of college and becomes a stripper. Anyways, I was all ears.

I am taking, beginning English, 101 chemistry, and an erotic class.

Really, erotic class well umm, be a gentleman I told myself, well umm that should be interesting.

Yes I figured I would learn when chivalry began.

Well hopefully you are up to the challenge.

She looked at me as if she wanted to say more, drool of I want you so bad dripping from her lip and then she turned away to finish someone’s coffee drink.

I looked at my watch 10 more minutes of this are you kidding, I thought. How am I going to be able to focus on anything else but those tits and legs for my entire shift, I have to get out of my head. I am taking 10 I said and got off the stool.

I walked passed the girl in the hat who was staring at me earlier, but her head was down and I couldn’t see her eyes. I think I know her from somewhere but I can’t put my finger on it.

I walked back in and began my shift as normal, completely relaxed. What did I do for that 30 minute break, I took an  extra 20 minutes in there figured I was worth it, I am not exactly sure, but the time went by fast. I walked in unarmed, cooled down, limp and ready to start what ever was ahead of me, which was mostly stirring up a batch of coffee. So I was doing what I usually do when there is nobody around, stirring, looking handsome behind the glass countertop, umm that’s about it. Basically staying out of trouble, when the girl with the hat approached me. She had tears in her eyes and I realized I knew her. She was an old friend of mine we hadn’t talked in quite some time.

Hello I said in my warmest welcome, I do like women to feel comfortable around me to just let it all hang out and out and out and then later when the bed is made she can put it back in behind those lacy bras they wear. Anyways, I gave her my cheerful grin and she was about to burst into tears, right there in the middle of my coffee shop. At first I was shocked. What I said, as I saw one stream of tears retake its form and run down her nose.

I have had a hard week she said softly. I thought maybe if I saw you… and her words ended.

Well I said in my best be the best man you can be grin, I hope you feel better, puffed out my chest and looked like I was doing something important. She looked like a wreck, what was I suppose to do lean over and give her a hug? I was in front of customers, clients, and the bombshell behind the coffee maker, are  you crazy. I like to think of myself as a nice guy, but I am not that nice.

So deflated and with her car keys in hand she turned to leave the coffee shop. The door swung like her words, melchonly and with little thunder.  I watched it waiting for her to come back in to explain to me, why she was sad, and if everything in her life was okay, if there was anything I could do but she didn’t come back.

(this is the additional possibility I created)

Suddenly possessed with another entity, I really haven’t been myself at all lately, I jumped over the counter and out the door, leaving the pin up girl with her jaw hanging. I then ran to the girl who was walking to the car. What is wrong? Why are you so sad, I asked genuinely concerned and because I cared.

I have just been beaten up lately, she said and leaned over and hugged me. It was the warmed hug I have felt in ages. It was like butternut cream and blueberries. What happened?

I don’t want to talk about it she said. But I know girls better than I know my own junk when they say they don’t want to talk about it, they always do.

You look beautiful I said. And pulled her hair behind her ear, and I remembered a moment years ago when we were alone and I said the same thing.

She smiled and I knew I had touched her. I leaned over and kissed her in the parking lot in the middle of the afternoon.

You smell like coffee beans she said.

I know I said kissing her neck, I am one part coffee bean one part man. No I didn’t say that, I just smiled and kept kissing her.

No comments: