Sunday, August 4, 2013

The end of Nietzsche

Hello Blogger world. I had the weirdest day. I think I must have slept for 15 hours. I have just been in a bit of a funk since I finished my fictional biography about Nietzsche. It is hard to describe how I feel, I just feel an anti-climatic end. It was weird, I drove around for awhile, thinking about it. The end of a book I spent two years on and countless hours of my life on, it should feel like some sort of validation to get to the end, instead of just another mountain to climb. It is weird not to know anyone's opinions, it is like holding out an answer and not knowing the question. I am sure some people will hate it, and some will love it, if it is read. but I had to laugh, because it is Nietzsche, if you know Nietzsche like I do, his entire life was themed with anticlimactic moments, it only makes sense that this book is received by a stale applause, anything else wouldn't feel authentic, and I would have felt like the fake.
Yet still it is the end of something I loved, and it is hard to watch it fly away. Memories and thoughts I will forget, and characters who will soon walk through other doors and new perceptions to be lost to me, and my original thought.
I drove around for twenty minutes. There are three main streets that go through Scottsdale, Scottsdale road, Hayden and Pima. So I drove down one of them, remembering my childhood, passing by old highschools, where my grandma died, where she lived, where I used to speed to get home before curfew. It is strange now to be driving after accomplishing something important to me. It is like looking into all my younger selves and trying to pick their brain to determine if they would be happy for me. What were my goals as a child? But honestly I can't remember that anymore and thinking about it hurts. I guess I have to just be lucky even if it is a book unread,  I wrote the entire life of someone else but, it is only a piece of mine, and my life is still here, turning another page.

No comments: