Friday, August 2, 2013

Here are some other really pretty poems I found. I am sure I have soo many. I should dig through all those endless emails I sent in hopes of wooing men :).

A table setting for one.

A breath can wrinkle time’s fabric. Creating bumps and turns under the freshly placed silver wear. A breath can breed letters that scoop together words. It can direct thoughts into actions even if the thoughts themselves were never there. Thoughts whimper under the pressure. Actions become hallow. They crumble back into the hard earth.

A single movement can catch breath deep into the throat. To quench dry aired desires and moisten them with hope.  A single muscle can build a person. So many people fall away in time’s seconds, to be wiped clean by the death of cells that are too small to see. People rise up again in their wake to claim change. To vindicate their memory in the face of a million of memories. The people choose the ones that they were born out of. They live for change, to grow for change. They do not change.

The sun burns hot upon the white dust. It scorches against a sky so blue with water it contains heaven. The sun cuts right through paradise and hits the red rocks.  Man breaths the air below wrinkling time with his hands. He creates bumps and turns in a freshly placed table cloth. But he is careful not to rip the fabric when he sits down to eat.  

                                                                              
 The  Dust

Dreams circle my mind like running water. They fall down my throat into word inscribing visions of nothing, wisps of  dust that vanish with a fallen hand.

Two heads pulled up against a head board, reading books about worlds that can’t be touched. Their eyes grow lazy as one head falls against a shoulder. Their flat thoughts lay under the fading sun.  Two bodies like puzzle pieces are intertwined. Fingers travel to the places of unspoken words.  Two books are stacked on the bedside table that vibrates from the quacking floor. 

I pull my knees up to my chest as I wave at the dust and remember the only thing that matters after a long day. I tell myself the same words that I say every night before dreams take me. His love will never change. It always will be this way.

 
Questions

Are we rubberneckers watching the same car accident each time thinking that lady won’t turn right? Or are we fragments inside a paragraph? Thoughts like hiccups that people who love to construct boxes are forced to ignore. Is this who we are? Or are we two people blowing in the wind inside a place that holds no weight. While others wait in whisky we wait in thoughts, thoughts that are not ever our own to have.

Our words are inside of a world that has no context. It is so generic we need a third party to connect us. A world that we signed up for when we choose our names. Is this the world, a life not yet lived sandwiched in between our real lives? Is it us or is it everything else? Or is it nothing at all? And this relationship has just been a dream at two am. When I wake up in the morning you will be gone and so will this nagging feeling like I have forgotten you.

 Was it something I missed in between the blank in box and the send button? Was there a thought sandwiched between my actions that I am leaving behind inside of all these questions. Was there an answer? My mind is tired tonight in this late hour. And yet you are still here listening to me ramble on about questions that will never be solved.

No comments: